Paul A. Meissner, Jr.
Member AV Rated
250 N. Belcher Rd.
Clearwater, Florida 33765-2622
Phone: (Toll Free)
Fax: (727) 449-0258
Position | Areas of Practice | Certifications / Specialties | Professional Associations and Memberships | Education | Classes / Seminars Taught | Past Employment
Biography: Paul A. Meissner was born in New York and moved to Florida with his family as a child. He is a graduate of Clearwater High School. He co-founded the Carlson & Meissner law firm with Edward Carlson in 1971. Paul and his wife Jayne have five children & thirteen grandchildren. They enjoy boating and traveling, especially on Paul's Harley motorcycle.
Paul Meissner has written The Florida Law Enforcement Manual.
Position: Paul A. Meissner is a co-founder of Carlson, Meissner, Hart & Hayslett P.A. He co-founded the firm in 1971.
Areas of Practice:
Certification / Specialties:
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Florida Bar Board Certified, Criminal Law (1990 to present)
- Admitted to practice in Colorado, 1996
- Admitted to practice in Florida, 1968
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1972
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1974
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1977
- Clearwater Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Former Member, Barney Masterson Inns of Court
- Past member Judicial Nominating Commission, Pinellas-Pasco Counties
- Past member/chairman State Circuit Bar Grievance Committee
- J.D., Tulane University School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1966
- B.A., University of South Florida, 1963
Classes / Seminars Taught:
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Stetson College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida, 1972–2002
- Instructor, Criminal Justice Institute, St. Petersburg College, St. Petersburg, Florida, 1988–2003
- Instructor, Southeastern Public Safety Institute, St. Petersburg College, 1990–2000
- Former Special Agent, FBI
- Former Assistant State Attorney, 6th Circuit Florida
- Former Adjunct Professor, Stetson College of Law
- Former Certified Law Enforcement Instructor, SE Public Safety Institute, St. Petersburg, FL